Fondazione Memmo and Gasworks are working in partnership to offer a fully funded residency at Gasworks, London, for an Italian artist based in Italy, from 9 January – 27 March 2023.
Gasworks’ residencies are opportunities for self-led professional development, artistic exchange and experimentation.
Gasworks programmes up to sixteen residencies each year, inviting emerging international artists to work alongside a community of nine London-based peers for three months. Residencies are non-prescriptive and process-based and focus on enabling artists to research and develop new work. Made public through Open Studios and events, these opportunities encourage interaction, dialogue and professional networking.
The residency comprises:
– 24-hour access to a fully accessible private studio at Gasworks, alongside other visiting artists and Gasworks’ permanent studio holders
– A public Open Studios displaying work produced during the residency at Gasworks
– Support with visa applications and all visa costs covered
– Economy return flights from the artist’s home city to London, including 1 cabin and 1 hold luggage
– Single room accommodation within Gasworks Residencies House (a 2-story house, shared with 3 other artists-in-residence), with share of the bathrooms and kitchen
– A weekly stipend of £150 for living expenses
– A materials budget of £800
– Access to Gasworks’ tools and AV equipment, subject to availability
– Travel card (TFL zones 1+2) for unlimited travel within central London for the duration of the residency
– Administrative, pastoral and curatorial support from Gasworks (during office hours, Monday-Friday, 9:30am-6pm)
– A dedicated residency page on Gasworks’ website
– A short video interview/presentation in advance of the Open Studio to introduce the artists’ work. The video will be permanently added to the residency page on Gasworks’ website
– At least 2 individual studio visits with curators and arts professionals (meetings will be in person however on occasions and when relevant they will also happen virtually)
– Opportunities to meet with other artists, arts professionals, patrons and collectors through at least 2 organised lunches and/or dinners
– Artists are required to write a report (a template will be provided) summarising their residency
– Curatorial Support from Fondazione Memmo.
Further information: www.gasworks.org.uk